Friday

The Squirrels Of Sam Sanfillippo

(Garth Johnson)


Is it
the remoteness of region.....

A form of isolation,
when you name things
like backyard animals?

Is it
A type of social retardation,
when you sing to them?

Squirrels -three: Mitzy, Gitzy and Squirrel
Rabbits -two: Pooter and Hot Cheese
Chicken -one: Ichaboda

I do not know if Sam Sanfillippo names his squirrels,
But he stuffs them, dresses them and puts them on display.


Cress Funeral Home
6021 University Ave
Madison, WI 53774
(608) 238-8406


("Cress Funeral Home Squirrel Display" by Decider + Madison)



Jaymi M. from Minneapolis, MN
gives this 5 star rating on Yelp

"The greatest place in America? Probably. I mean, where else can you find dead squirrel strippers, dead chipmunk cowboys, dead squirrels riding a mini ferris wheel and dead squirrels drinking booze?


(Diane Fox)

4 comments:

  1. I liked yesterday better. Just kidding. Carry on Flittermaus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo... I erased myself?
    I cant win them all,
    but I do sing to Chickens.
    Thanks for noticing.

    ReplyDelete